How to uninstall AVAST using the Uninstall Tool?
Are you looking forward to update your Avast antivirus on your system? But, is your step taken towards updating of the software getting stuck somewhere? Don’t know why? Your answer is quite obvious that you need to completely uninstall Avast on your system. You can remove Avast software even manually, but it might cause improper functioning of your PC. Â To get over such issues, you need to uninstall the software only with the Uninstall Tool. This uninstall utility is available for free download from the Internet. Â To play safe and end up at the right place after uninstalling Avast software with an uninstall tool, you can follow the below given steps. Here’s how the steps go:
- Open a web browser on your computer.
- Type http://files.avast.com/files/eng/aswclear.exe in the address bar and press "Enter".
- When the file download box pops up, click "Save" and save it to the desktop.
- Close the browser window and then reboot the computer in Safe Mode.
- To do so, restart the computer and tap the "F8" key on your keyboard while it starts up.
- When you get to the "Advanced boot options"Â highlight "Safe Mode" and press "Enter".
- It will restart in "Safe Mode".
- Double click the file you saved on the desktop to run the tool.
- Click "Run" and then select the Avast version installed on your system and then click "Uninstall".
- Click on "Yes" to confirm and then click "Yes" to restart your computer.
Clicking the restart button on your PC will complete the uninstallation process. However, while moving towards removing the Avast software, it is recommended to restart the Windows PC in safe mode.Â It will help you in uninstalling the Avast software completely. But, to keep yourself and data secure, a new anti-virus must be installed soon. We also have a video solution providing you the better understanding about the steps. Click the play option in the below window to watch the video now.
Call toll free 1 855 744 9614