Spyware is a term that is often associated with the software that monitors your computer activities. It can steal your personal information and expose it to hackers. It can slow your browsing speed or damage your computer. Several security tools are available which can help block, detect and carry malicious spyware removal from the computers. Spyware is a general term which is often associated with the software that tracks your personal information without your consent, slow down your computer, change the settings of web browser, or can even crash your computer. Once installed on your computer, spyware can transmit all your personal information and expose it to hackers. This unauthorized software usually gets installed on your system during the installation of other software, such as music or video file sharing programs. Therefore, whenever you are installing something on your computer, make sure it is authentic by carefully reading all the disclosures, including the license agreement or privacy statement. There are numbers of ways in which spyware can get into your computer. However, taking certain precautions can protect your computer against the threat of spyware.
Here are a few simple precautions to protect your computer against spyware and other malicious software:
Update your Software
Always keep your antivirus software up-to-date to protect your computer against spyware and other malicious software. Make sure that the automatic updates are turned on and all the latest critical and security updates have been downloaded and installed by you.
Adjust Internet Explorer security settings
Adjust Internet Explorer security settings to determine the extent to which you want to receive information from a website.
Surf and download more safely
- Download spyware protection programs only from a genuine website.
- Ensure that you have read all security warnings, license agreements, and privacy statements associated with any software you want to download.
- Never click “agree” or ”OK” to close a window, rather go for “x” button or you can press ALT + 4 keys to close a window.
iYogi’s Annual Unlimited Subscription Plan
Comprehensive support for your PC, connected devices, peripherals and over 100 software applications including:
- Diagnostic & repair for your technologies.
- Troubleshooting software errors.
- Updating drivers and security to protect against online threats.
- Connecting to the Internet, devices and peripherals.
- Optimizing your PC’s speed and performance.